Saturday, February 5, 2011

Procrastinating again

What is it about not doing what I know to do when I know to do it?

Walking for instance. Probably God's easiest and cheapest workout. Yet, do I do it on a regular basis? No, I don't. Well, of course, I walk. I walk to the kitchen.

Do I take a brisk walk to stimulate blood circulation? No. Not regularly. Reasons? I have none. Can't use the excuse - "It costs too much." Can't use the excuse - It's too hard." Can't use the excuse - "Takes too much time."

How about, "It's easier to sit here and think about it than do it." Bingo!

Well that's only going to be the case for a little while longer and then age will dictate my abilities. Age has already started to dictate and I let it. I sit here and pretend to care about having an active lifestyle. I see pictures in the magazines of women with long hair walking their dogs, their glowing skin, lean legs, and rosy cheeks. I see myself as one of them and yet I sit here.

I pray for divine intervention that does not cause serious illness. A wake up call that motivates me to a healthier lifestyle.

No gluten, no dairy. Really?

I have to give up wheat and cheese to have a healthy life?  My two favorite foods?  Really?  I am a self professed cheese whore.  How do I write a book about cheeses if I can't eat the cheese?

Who am I kidding? Am I writing a book about cheese? No. I'm thinking about writing a book about cheese.  Just like I'm thinking about writing a romance novel. Patenting my ideas for Christmas lights. Sewing that denim quilt or the quilt made from my husbands old BDUs. Building schools or digging water wells. Providing opportunities to those who are struggling to get an education. Be a philanthropist.  Fund micro loans. Save lives.

I'll start by saving mine.  Even the airlines tell you to put the oxygen mask on yourself before your children.  Speaking of which, time to breathe.

Where are my sneakers anyway?  Ah, there you are!

1 comment: