Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hello Desire/Goodbye Guilt

Just found out in Bible Study that Eve was created last because something was missing.  God created woman in his own image. Woman was created because there was a finishing touch missing in God's creation.  Say what?


We are the cherry on the sundae of life.  How sweet!  


Also read that all of our desires were placed in us. Yes! Our desires. All of them. The desire to be beautiful, appreciated, special, adored, and loved. Loved most of all. 


God put desires in me? There are so many desires in me -- it was a relief to read that having desires was not a bad thing. Not a bad thing, but natural and God given. No more fear that I would be damned if I desired money, beauty, or a man.  That it would actually be odd if I did not have desires.


Definition of the word desire...

de·sire  transitive verb
1: to long or hope for : exhibit or feel desire for <desire success>
a : to express a wish for : request desire an immediate answer>
   b archaic : to express a wish to : ask

I desire many things -- health, weight loss, continued love/romance with my husband, financial abundance, making a difference for all, fame, respect, success, to love and be loved.
  
Do I believe God personally desires financial freedom?  No.  Don't think he personally needs money.  But I do believe that he needs money for others.  

Do I think that God desires to lose a few pounds? No. But I believe that he desires health and well being for all of us.

Do I think that God desires fame? No. But I do believe that he desires to be known.

Do I think that God desires to be loved? Yes. Resoundingly so. Absolutely. Without a doubt.

What a relief to be created because the picture wasn't complete without me.  To be created with desires just as God has desires.  A sense of calm and rightness has descended upon me.

Finding myself created as a woman.  A luscious woman of substance.  Freedom to be a woman who desires.  How fun is that?

3 comments:

  1. Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you've written . . . God created us for his pleasure . . . to walk in His shadow, to be in constant communion with Him, to love Him and be loved by Him. Because He loves us so much, He gave us free will . . . the opportunity to decide for ourselves whether we will love Him or not. The only time desire becomes a negative thing is when our desires for worldly things outweigh our desire for Him. When money or appearance or power or success or even human love becomes more important than our relationship with Him, its not His voice we hear speaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your writing Renee. Good work. Dance, breath, death, birth, sex, love, adoration, service, humiliation, joy, awakening, sadness, grief, loss, celebration, appreciation, and most of all desire for more of all of it. As women especially, giving ourselves permission to not only desire it all but to ask for it all. The universe is Abundant and as awakening all over the planet happens we can ask for all of it.

    ReplyDelete